Our Application Process
The Lester Fund is grateful for your interest in our work. Given our limited administrative capacity, we are unable to accept unsolicited proposals at this time. However, we invite you to check our web site periodically for changes in our giving priorities and procedures.
- We solicit proposals on a rolling basis, and make decisions within two to three months.
- For the 2012 fiscal year, the foundation will fund either program or capacity building support.
- While we favor funding to non U.S.-based community organizations, we also fund organizations exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501 ©(3) of the IRS code.
- To meet our operating requirements under U.S. law, the foundation asks applicants to fill out a two-page application, sign a contractual agreement and submit an end-of-year report on a format to be supplied by the foundation. Organizations requesting renewal funding will only be required to submit their prior year report and an updated program and budget request.
- Most of our grants are in the $10,000 to $20,000 range.